Welcome! The County Clerk's office is your source for official information about elections, voter registration, liquor licenses, auctioneer licenses, notary commissions, tours of the courthouse, and so much more. We hope our website is helpful, but please don't hesitate to contact our office with any questions or concerns. Thank you!
~ Mary Baack-Garvey
~ Mary Baack-Garvey
This section is designed to help assist candidates for the August 7, 2018 Primary through the election process. Please navigate the tabs below for useful information. **Also, a Candidate Ethics Training Class is being offered for all candidates in the August Primary Election. The training will be Thursday April 18, 2018 at 6:00pm. The class will take place at the Pat Byrne Memorial Election Building (1005 N. 4th Street, St. Joseph MO 64501). To RSVP call the Clerk's Office at 271-1412 or click this link http://whoozin.com/VPP-GGT-HGVA
- When can I file to run for a County Office in the August 7, 2018 Primary Election?
- Where can I file to run for a County Office in the August 7, 2018 Primary Election?
- What do I bring to file for a County Office?
- How is it decided what order the candidates are placed on the ballot?
- Who do I contact if I have questions regarding campaign ethics or campaign finance?
Tue Feb. 20 - Mon Apr. 2
Tue Feb. 27
Wed Mar. 7
- How do I register to vote?
- What kind of identification do I need to take with me to vote?
- I need help when I vote. What are my options?
- When does my polling place open?
- What do I need to bring to complete my Notary Commission?
- Where do I get a County Liquor License for my business?
- How do I obtain my Alcohol Server License and get server training?
- How do I obtain my County Auctioneer's License?
- I need a copy of a birth or death record from Buchanan County. How do I obtain these records?
- How can I set up a tour of the Courthouse for my school group or organization?