|Responsibilities for this office are:
- Collects $51 million in tax revenue annually
- Disburses tax revenue to 33 taxing districts
- Prepares and mails tax statements
- Provides Merchants & Manufacturers licenses
- Conducts delinquent tax sale in August
You can also get a copy of your paid personal property tax receipt for $1.00.
Taxes can be paid by cash, check, American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa.
Tax bills are mailed the first week in November and are due upon receipt, must be paid or postmarked by December 31st to be considered on time. This is in accordance with Missouri statutes.
If you do not receive a statement by the end of November, please contact the office to request a copy. Not receiving the statement does not waive any penalties or interest if payment is received after December 31.
Delinquent real estate and personal property taxes owed must be paid before applying any payment to current taxes. If paying after December 31st, please refer to the payment schedule printed on the statement.
Contact the County Assessor with questions regarding:
- The assessed value of your real or personal property.
- If you need to change a name or mailing address.
- If the wrong vehicles are listed on your statement.
- The legal description of real estate.