Geographic Information System(GIS)
GIS is a collection of computer hardware, software, and geographic data for capturing, storing, updating, manipulating, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information.
Responsibilities of the GIS Coordinator include:
- Update the GIS system and tax maps daily with ownership splits and combines that take place in the county and city of St. Joseph.
- Provide customers the opportunity to purchase GIS maps and custom GIS maps to meet their needs.
- Provide maps for departments in the Courthouse as requested.
- Organize meetings with the City of St. Joseph to continuing our work together using the GIS system.
- Maintain data layers for the WebGIS
- Maintain data layers for the City of St. Joseph and their Planning and Zoning Department.
- Create and maintain layers for the following departments within the Courthouse:
- Clerk's Office
- Assessor's Office
- Planning and Zoning
- Road and Bridge
- Emergency Management
- Sheriff's Department