|Buchanan County Electronic Recording Information
Pursuant to RSMo 59.563, electronic format for documents may be established.
The recorder of deeds in any municipality or county of this state may establish an electronic format for the recording or filing of documents which such recorder has a constitutional or statutory duty to maintain. Such documents may be recorded, filed, transmitted, stored and maintained in an electronic format as prescribed by the recorder of deeds of any municipality or county. No document presented pursuant to this section shall be required to be submitted in duplicate. Nothing in this section shall require any recorder of deeds to establish, accept or transmit any document in an electronic format.
To begin the eRecording process:
- 1. Complete and submit (2) original Electronic Recording Agreements with the Recorder of Deeds Office.
Note: Documents must be mailed or delivered to the Recorder of Deeds Office. (No Faxed or Emailed documents can be accepted.)
- a. Electronic Recording Agreement
- 2. Depending on how your documents will be submitted:
- a. If you will be submitting directly into the iCounty Portal you will need an agreement with Mobilis Technologies(portal service)
Contact: Orville(Orv) Varner
- b. If you will be submitting your documents through a third party vendor, who will hand your documents off to the iCounty Portal, your third party vendor will take care of all coordination with Mobilis Technologies LLC.
Benefits to submitting electronic recordings:
- Same day recording
- Reduced courier fees
- Minimize recording errors
- ACH (electronic transefer of funds) through Mobilis to handle recording fees
- Convenient document submission
- Faster policy generation
- Reduce Gap Risk
- If a document is rejected, it can be corrected quickly and resubmitted rather than waiting for return of document by mail.
You will need to view documents attached to this page.
Internet Reference Locations
Missouri Revised Statutes: Section 59.563
Recorder of Deeds
|Contact This Office:
411 Jules St. Rm 103
St. Joseph, MO 64501
(Except Legal Holidays)