GIS is a collection of computer hardware, software, and geographic data for capturing, storing, updating, manipulating, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information.
View the interactive online GIS Map Portal.
Responsibilities of the GIS Coordinator
- Update the GIS system and tax maps daily with ownership splits and combines that take place in the county and the City of St. Joseph.
- Provide customers the opportunity to purchase GIS maps and custom GIS maps to meet their needs.
- Provide maps for departments in the Courthouse as requested.
- Organize meetings with the City of St. Joseph to continuing our work together using the GIS system.
- Maintain data layers for the WebGIS
- Maintain data layers for the City of St. Joseph and their Planning and Zoning Department.
- Create and maintain layers for the following departments within the Courthouse:
- Clerk's Office
- Assessor's Office
- Planning and Zoning
- Road and Bridge
- Emergency Management
- Sheriff's Department