Planning & Zoning
2017 PLAT BOOKS AVAILABLE
- Enforcing existing Zoning Order
- Allowing property owners to change zoning for land use purposes
- Planning for land use in general in the county as a whole
- Issuing conditional use permits for various uses, such as mobile homes, buildings, firework stands, etc.
- 911 addressing and for any new addresses that need to be assigned within the county
- Providing information to the County Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Adjustment
The County Planning Commission meets the second Wednesday of each month in the courthouse. Meeting times are 7 p.m. This group is comprised of 1 appointee from each political township within Buchanan County. Appointments are made by the County Commission. This group can meet at other times on a special call basis.
The Board of Zoning Adjustment consists of five members, appointed county wide by the County Commission. They regularly meet four times throughout the year. This group can meet at other times on a special call basis.
This office falls under the direction of the County Commission.