Guardian / Conservator Process

Beginning January 2018, the process for the Public Administrator to be appointed Guardian/ Conservator for an individual has changed.
Please keep in mind that a family member or close friend is the preference of the Court to serve as Guardian/ Conservator for a person that may be incapacitated or disabled. If no such individuals are willing/ able to serve, an outside interested party should hire an attorney to petition the Court for either Guardian and/ or Conservator.
The Public Administrator can be named as the proposed Guardian/ Conservator for an individual in the petition filed with the Court.
If the Public Administrator is the proposed Guardian/ Conservator, please complete the Intake Form and contact the Public Administrator to provide more information.