Military Discharge Records

Military Discharge Records

Regulations to Request a Copy of Military Discharge DD-214 RSMo.59.480-Sstate Statute Effective August 28, 2003.

To request Military Discharge records, you will need a notarized request form, which is available in the Recorder's office and online.

If you are coming into our office to request Military Discharge papers you will need a valid photo ID, so we can notarize your signature.

Regulations for request for RAM 59.480
Download the request form  (PDF)

 I. The authorized party (requester) shall complete Sections 1 through 4 and sign in the presence of a notary public before presenting the request to the Recorder of Deeds.

Section 1 Record Locator Information.
a. The name of the Veteran and the county that the Military Discharge Paper is filed in must be completed.
b. At least one of the following options must be provided in order to identify the requested record:
*Date of birth
*Social Security Number; or
*Branch and Date(s) of Service

Section 2. Type and number of copies requested. Each request form is limited to one Military Discharge Record. Requester must state the number of each type of copy of the record to be requested. The Recorder of Deeds shall determine the maximum number of copies allowed per each request.

Section 3. Authorized Party requesting copy. The name, complete mailing address and the telephone number of the party authorized to make the request must be completed.

Section 4. Authorized Statement. The requestor must complete:

1) Type of request being made and 2) Type of authority granted by statute either a) or b). The requestor must date and sign as the Authorized Party in the presence of a Notary Public. The Recorder of Deeds may request proof of identify and any additional documentation to verify the requestor’s statutory capacity.

II. The notary public shall complete Section 5 in accordance with state laws.

Section 5. Notary Certificate. The notary shall complete the notary clause in accordance with state laws.

Request for Military Discharge Papers (PDF)