Duties & Responsibilities
- The Buchanan County Treasurer's office is responsible for receipting revenue that comes into the county, making deposits, investing monies, balancing bank accounts, and tracking funds
- Providing a checks and balance system for county funds
- Providing daily and monthly balance sheets to the county auditor
- This office processes financial payments of county transactions and keeps records of receipts and expenditures of Buchanan County, Missouri
Missouri Unclaimed Property Website
- Buchanan County residents can view a list of unclaimed property by clicking on the 'View Buchanan County Resident Unclaimed Property Listing' link below. Please note, if there is not a dollar amount listed under your name, then your claim exceeds $50.00. An up-to-date listing can be found at the Missouri Unclaimed Property website (also see below).
- If you do find your name on the unclaimed property list, you will need to start the claim process by contacting the Missouri State Treasurers Office. For further information about this process, please click on the 'Access the Missouri Unclaimed Property Website' link below.
View Buchanan County Resident Unclaimed Property Listing (PDF)
(Last Updated on October 19th, 2017)