VINE allows crime victims to be informed and involved in important matters related to their cases. Access to the automated system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1-800-770-0192. Victims who register will be contacted by VINE when there is a change in the status of their case or offender.
How VINE Works
- For offender information, call 1-800-770-0192
- Be prepared to provide the offender's name or offender number
- VINE monitors offender court case status through a computer connection with the Buchanan County Sheriff's Office on-site records system
- When an offender has a change in status, the call center will automatically begin to call all registered victims. Notification calls continue every half-hour for 24 hours, or until the victim enters a personal identification number (PIN) to indicate a successful notification
- VINE will leave a message on an answering machine, but will continue to call every two hours until the 24 period is over
- When completed, the service will electronically link all of Missouri's county courts, county jails, state prisons, and juvenile facilities to the VINE National Call Center in Louisville, KY
This free service is sponsored by the Missouri Attorney General's Office, the Missouri Sheriff's Association, the Missouri Prosecuting Attorneys Association, the Missouri Department of Rehabilitation and Correction, and the Missouri Department of Youth Services.