Child Support Enforcement
Did you know:
The Buchanan County Child Support Enforcement Office is located at 310 North 4th Street, St. Joseph, Missouri, and is a division of the Buchanan County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
The Buchanan County Child Support Enforcement Office provides the following services:
- Establishment of paternity;
- Establishment of orders for child support and health insurance;
- Enforcement of orders for child support and health insurance;
- Modification of orders for child support and health insurance.
- Criminal prosecution of non-custodial parents who fail to provide support.
This office collects millions of dollars each year for the children of our community.
Some of the ways this office collects child support is through the use of:
- Wage Withholding (including Social Security benefits)
- Health Insurance Enrollment
- Personal Property Liens
- Real Estate Liens
- Workers' Compensation Liens
- Decedent Estate Liens
- Hunting/Fishing License Suspension
- Criminal Non-Support
- Out-of-State Enforcement
- Credit Bureau Reporting
- Tax Intercepts
- Bank Liens
- Drivers' License Suspension
- Lottery Intercepts
- Passport Denials
- Lawsuit Liens
We are here for you. Let us know what we can do for you. Simply complete the following application:
1. Online Application: Depending on your situation, required time to complete this application varies from 30 minutes to over an hour. You will be able to save your work if you cannot complete your application in one session. It is suggested that you gather all required information (e.g., dates of birth, Social Security numbers, addresses, court order information, etc.) before starting the online application process.
You will have the opportunity to review and print your completed application prior to submitting the application.
2. Print and Mail Application (PDF): You may print and complete the application forms, then mail the forms to:
Family Support Division
P.O. Box 6790
Jefferson City, MO 65102-6790