Meet the staff of the Buchanan County Collector’s Office (1st row: Peggy Campbell, Melanie, 2nd row: Bridget, Maggie, 3rd row: Holly, Heather, 4th row: Susie)
The Buchanan County Collector’s Office is responsible for:
- Collecting taxes from individuals and businesses.
- Distributing collected funds to entities on tax bill; including 5 school districts, 7 cities/towns/village, 12 fire districts, 3 drainage & levee districts, 2 libraries, and various others.
- Conducting the annual TAX SALE; held the 4th Monday in August.
Important information for taxpayers from the Collector’s Office:
- Tax statements are mailed the first week in November, and must be paid by December 31st of each year. Taxes can be paid in person, by mail or via our website.
- Installment payments for real estate taxes can also be made via automatic payment from the taxpayer’s bank account throughout the year. You must enroll in the Automated Payment Service in November and December each year.
- Copies of tax receipts or statements can be obtained by visiting the Collector’s Office or the Buchanan County website.
- The Collector’s office is open Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For more information visit the Buchanan County website https://www.co.buchanan.mo.us/151/Collectors-Office or call 816-271-1401.